TABAKOSHI Darjeeling|2020|An Offbeat place near Mirik
TABAKOSHI an offbeat destination of Darjeeling district. Tabakoshi is a small village just 8 km away from Mirik. This little village is covered by tea gardens and hills on all side. A gushing hilly stream, named Rang bhang is flowing through this village and needless to say the river adds more beauty and freshness to this place. Here I am sharing three days plan in this Tabakoshi Blog.
Where to stay in Tabakoshi :
Sunakhari homestay, Tabakoshi is the most popular place here where you can put up for the night. The charge here is Rs 1300 per person per day including food and stay. Other than this there are also some home-stays available for night-stay.
The Tabakoshi tour package total will cost around Rs 5000 per head (Approx). Its depends on your living style.
How to Reach :
A shared cab from Njp to Mirik bazar will charge Rs.250 to 350(Approx) per head approximately. After that take a separate shared cab to reach Tabakoshi. From Mirik Bazar the shared cab fare is around Rs 150 to 200 per person. It will take around 2 and a half hours to reach Tabakoshi from NJP. If you want to avoid this break-journey then you may avail a reserved car from NJP which will take you straight to Tabakoshi. And in that case, From NJP to Tabakoshi car fare will be around Rs.2500 to 3000.
You can reach Tabakoshi from any part of the country. For that 1st reach New Jalpaiguri railway station or Bagdogra airport from your home town. then go to Tabakoshi either via Mirik Bazar or directly. Upon reaching Tabakoshi, check in to your home-stay and relax this day.
On day-2 morning, after breakfast go for local sightseeing tour. First, visit the surrounding tea gardens. This village is surrounded by tea gardens. Take a walk around the rolling green slopes of famous Darjeeling tea gardens. Next, go to visit the local Lord Shiva Temple. This beautiful temple is situated on the banks of river Rang bang and is a holy place for the locals. From there go to visit the iron bridge on the river. This place is famous for scenic beauty. You can spend some quality time on the banks of the river here.
On day-3 morning, go for a sightseeing tour around Tabakoshi. A local cab will charge around Rs 2000 for this whole day tour. Generally, the local homestays arrange this trip. First, go to visit Jorpokhri.
- Jorpokhri is a small village on top of a hill in Darjeeling district. Located at an altitude of 7,400 ft, the main feature of Jorpokhiis the twin lakes after which the place has been named. There are seating arrangements on the side of these lakes where you can sit for some time and relax.
- From there go to visit Gopaldhara Tea factory. This is a famous tea estate in the Darjeeling region. You can also visit the tea factory here and watch the tea processing procedure.
- Next, go to Mirik. On your way, visit Simana Viewpoint. This place is located in India-Nepal Border and from this place you can enjoy the surrounding hills and tea gardens.
- You may also roam around the local market here and can indulge yourself in some shopping. This market sells only local products. If you are a shopping enthusiast, then you can also visit the famous Pashupati Market from this place. Pashupati market is situated in the Nepal border. Your reserved car will take you to the Nepal Border and from there you have to take a separate auto rickshaw to go to Pashupati market. The charge of the auto rickshaw will be Rs 40 per person.
- At Mirik, visit the Sumendu Lake or the Mirik Lake. It is located at the heart of Mirik. You can boat in the lake or take a horse ride around the lake.
- From there go to visit Bokar Monastery. It is one of the most famous Buddhist meditation center of this region.
On day4, head back to NJP for departure.
Tabakoshi to Lepchajagat Distance : 19 km via Rishi Road. It will take time 1 hours (Approx).
Tabakoshi to kalimpong Distance : It will take time 3 hours (Approx). Distance is 72 km via Rishi Road.
Tabakoshi to Darjeeling Distance : Time taken from here 1.5 hours (Approx). Distance is 72 km via Rishi Road.