SITTONG KURSEONG|2020| GUIDANCE FOR YOU IN JUST 2 MIN
THE ORANGE ORCHARD OF NORTH BENGAL
North Bengal has always been a very fascinating place for every travel lover. While visiting the queen of hills one can never miss the opportunity of traveling to its offbeat places, Sittong being one such place. This place produces highest number of oranges in the entire North Bengal therefore Sittong is known as the orange village of North Bengal. It is Located in the Kurseong sub division of Darjeeling district, Sittong is a cluster of villages on the hilltop of the Himalayan range covered by lush green pine forest and wide range of orange cultivation. . Homestays are a popular option as not many hotel facilities are yet available. It is a yet to be explored place which is gaining its popularity in recent times.
Sightseeing the beauty of sittong:-
- The bamboo bridge.
- The Lepcha falls.
- Namthing Lake and Namthing forest. It is the place where salamanders are found in this place.
- A 300-year-old Buddha monastery still stands strong.
- One can also view Ahaldara which gives a pleasant panoramic view of the entire valley, with the snow-capped Kanchenjunga right in front of our eyes.
- A steel bridge that connects Mungpoo and Sittong.
- One can also take a day off to visit Tinchule.
- You can also visit places like Kurseong, Darjeeling, and Kalingpong.
Temperature of Sittong :-
It has a moderately cold climate throughout the year. The temperature rises to 17o C in August with an approx. 7.2 cm rainfall. The coldest month is January when the temperature falls to -17oC. Best time to visit Sittong is during the month of Nov- June.
How to reach:-
- By road : It is one and a half an hour drives from NJP by cab via hill cut road.
- By air : One can board a flight to Bagdogra and drive to this place via NH 110.
Distance between sittong and other places of Darjeeling :-
- From Darjeeling to Sittong is 33 km.
- From Sittong to kurseong is 32 km.
- It is 55 KM from Tinchuley.
- 9 KM from Ahaldara.
- It is 89.6 KM from Kalimpong.
- It is 30 KM from NJP.
Thus , having an awesome time amidst the orange orchards and enjoying the scenic beauty of mountains one can rejuvenate themselves and create beautiful memories to take back home from Sittong.
Written by : Nabomita Mukherjee (Travelofina Travel Stories).
If you like this information please comment and share. You feedback valuable for us.