PABONG NORTH BENGAL|2020|A Small Rustic Himalayan Village
Pabong is a small rustic Himalayan village situated 34 Kms from Kalimpong Town and a secret hill station in North Bengal. It is guarded by the Neora Valley National Park. It has close proximity to many mass tourist attractions like Lava & Loleygaon but somehow remains uncharted from commercialization.
How To Reach
Accommodation at Pabong
Things To Do
- Go for a walk & visit gardens of Elaichi & Squash near Pabong Homestay.
- Experience the rich diversity of trees & birds. Take a tour to Neora Valley Park in the lush greenery. A dense growth of pine, fir, oak, juniper & conifers besets this place.
- Relish the majestic view of snow peaks of Kanchenjunga while savoring Darjeeling tea from the balcony of your homestay.
- Visit the tea gardens in Pabong and take with you exotic Darjeeling tea for your family & friends.
- Bird watching is among the many delightful activities one can do here. Birds like Minivet, Sunbird, Swallow, Warbler & Thrush flock around from tree to tree here.
- Relinquish a bonfire at night while getting a view of mountain ranges like Delo. The view of habitations on these mountains at night might look like someone sprinkled stars on land.
- Visit Charkhole -4kms from this place. Trek to a postcard destination from here to a sunrise point called Gomphus Dara.
- Visit Lava & Loleygaon, tourist hotspots well known for their thick stretches of forests & The Hanging Bridge.
- Jeep services from NJP to Pabong range from Rs 500 to Rs 1,800.
- Accommodations in Pabong Homestay is approximately Rs 1,350.
- Bonfire charges- Rs 700/group.
Distance From Pabong To Other Places:
- New Jalpaiguri Junction: 103Kms, takes about 3 & a ½ hours to reach.
- Kalimpong: 34Kms.
- Lava, Loleygaon: Almost 90 Kms & takes 3hrs to reach.
- Charkhole: 4Kms.
- Rishyap: 92Kms, takes almost 3h 28mins to reach.
- Pabong to Kolakham: 100Kms, takes 3h 50mins to reach.