Kolakham 2020| The Ideal Getaway of Neora Valley National Park
Kolakham, situated in Kolbong Forest is an ideal getaway amidst nature. It is located at an altitude of 6,500ft. in Neora Valley Reserve Forest facing the Eastern Himalayan peaks.
How To Reach
Where To Stay
Sightseeing Around Kolakham
- Neora Valley Forest: One can take a safari in the wilderness to experience the flora & fauna. The peripatetic might go for Rachel trek towards Aritar.
- Changi Falls: Changi/Changey/Chaney Falls is 3Kms from here. It engages tourists to visit this aesthetic waterfall in thick forest grounds. One has to walk down 250 stairs to reach here.
- Bird Watching in Kolakham: Birds like Wagtail, Minivet, Khaleej, Red-Billed Blue Magpie, White Crested Laughing Thrush, Golden Eagles, Spotted Forktail, Koklan Pheasants, etc exotic species are found here.
- Kolakham offers a magnificent view of mighty Kanchenjunga, the world’s 2cnd highest peak, along with Kabru, Pandim, Siniolchu, etc peaks close to Mt. Everest.
- One can meet wild animals with a guide in Neora Valley Forest, such as The Barking Deer, Goral Deer, Leopards, Himalayan Thar, Flying squirrels, Wild Cats & even Royal Bengal Tiger (very rare).
- Explore other places nearby like ▪︎Lava ▪︎Loleygaon ▪︎Rishyap ▪︎Charkhole.
The distance of Kolakham From other places
- NJP107.9km takes 3h 25min
- Lava: 9.1Km, takes 30min
- Loleygaon: 59Km, takes 2h
- Rishyap 14Km takes 52min
- Charkhole: 57Km takes almost 2hours.
Did You Know?
Written By: Riddhi Bhattacharya (Travelofina Travel Stories).